Saturday, March 7, 2009

Road trip!

My interview yesterday was amazing! I was so nervous at first that I literally made myself sick three times before I even left the house. I was texting Tym the whole way to campus while I talked to Megan on the phone and Tym ended up meeting me at Starbucks and walking with me part way to my interview before he had to go to class which helped relax me a lot.

Once I reached the building where my interview was, I couldn't make myself go inside. I sat on a bench holding my hot chocolate and giving myself up in prayer because I knew I couldn't do this myself. I finally found the confidence to go inside and I ended up sitting next to another woman named April who was just as nervous as I was. We hit it off and even ended up exchanging phone numbers so we can hang out.

The interview process actually wasn't as bad as I expected. The first hour was spent listening to faculty members introduce themselves and talk about the program. The second hour of the program was spent being split into groups and my group met with current students so we could ask them questions from a students point of view without faculty present. The final hour was spent being split into a smaller group and meeting with a faculty member and a current student to answer questions and to ask questions of our own.

Tym and I had lunch after the interview and I told him how I great I felt and how at peace I felt about how everything went. I told him that I was so impressed with the program, the faculty, the students, and everything about UC and that as long as I get in, I'll be starting there in June! I'll find out in two or three weeks if I got in or not so now I'm just patiently playing a waiting game. Ok...maybe not patiently. :-p

Megan and I went to dinner last night to celebrate how good I felt about the interview and then I came to my cousin's to have a sleepover. We made brownies and did makeovers and just hung out. Today we're off to Indianapolis for Micah's dance competition.

Alright, I need to get the girls out of the tub and then shower myself. Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: