Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Run

I went on my first official run today after work with the two directors of my preschool and one of the other teachers. My co-director Brandy is my gym nazi (as I lovingly call her...no seriously I love that she's my gym nazi!) so she's holding me accountable for wanting to run the half-marathon next year. We've decided to go walking/running every Wednesday after work.

Today we would walk for five minutes and then run for a couple minutes. I am so ridiculously sore it's not even funny. Everyone says the day after is worse so we'll see how tomorrow goes. :-P

Even though I'm sore, I'm proud of myself for sticking it out, even as my lungs screamed at me. Slowly but surely I'm going to be able to do this!

Oh...and I got puked on today. Wonderful. The weekend can't get here soon enough.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I have yet to get puked on... close but not quite. I think that's because at the first sign of a kid possibly throwing up, I'm backing away. At least my co-teacher understands that I'm emetophobic =op
If it makes ya feel any better though, I got peed on during diaper changing last week, haha.

As for the running and fitness... GO YOU!! :o)