Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weight loss journey

Megan and I were looking at pictures earlier from my trip to Athens (details to follow) and she commented on how much weight I've lost in the last couple of years. I've been meaning to do this entry for awhile so I figured why not go ahead and do it tonight? These pictures show the weight loss journey I've been on for the last couple of years.


This was taken in December of 2006 at Christmas time at Disney with my parents. I'm not sure how much I weigh here, but it definitely made me unhappy and uncomfortable.


This was taken in July or August 0f 2007 when I went to visit Megan in Baltimore. We had spent the day in D.C. and this is me sitting at Arlington Cemetary. This was my highest weight I've ever hit at 272, a weight I hope to never see again.




This is Mike and I during my graduation from OU in June of 2008. At this point I had lost about 25 pounds and weighed in around the 250ish mark.




This is Dave and I at my graduation party in June of 2008. This one is really just for Erica, since she says I talk about him a lot and she's never seen a picture of him. :-P

This is Vince and I on my birthday in October of 2008. I look like I've lost weight since graduation but I'm pretty sure my weight had stayed the same.

This was taken on New Year's Eve this year and was right after I had started working out at Fitworks. My starting weight for the gym at this point was 253.



This is Betsy and I last night at OU waiting in line for the OU version of Price is Right. My last official weigh in for March (I haven't done my April one yet...whoops) had me weighing in at 235 pounds, which is a total of 37 pounds lost since August of 2007 and a total of 18 pounds lost since joining the gym in December!

This picture was also taken last night at OU. We had decided on a whim to go out to the bars for a couple of drinks but I hadn't brought any dressy clothes with me. Monica kindly let me raid her closet even though I was convinced nothing would fit. Imagine my surprise when she brought out this cute pink tank top from Old Navy and made me try it on. To my shock and excitement, it fit! In the last two years I've gone from having to wear an XXL at Old Navy to wearing a large! In fact, just about everything I own in XL is too big so I'm slowly adding new clothes to my wardrobe. Last night was one of the first nights I've been able to go out on the town with the girls and actually feel pretty! We had such a great time!

And that, my friends, is my weight loss journey thus far in a nutshell. I'm sure I'll share more as I continue down this long, bumpy road towards a healthy me.



No comments: