Saturday, December 20, 2008

Connections

Have you ever had a connection with somebody, one you know will last forever? I'm not talking in a romantic sense, just in a sense that there's one person in the world who will always know you better than you know yourself. It's that feeling of looking into their eyes and seeing your whole history and knowing they'll always love you, regardless of the stupid choices and mistakes you make along the way.

I have someone like that in my life, someone who has come and gone over the years, but no matter how long it's been, when I look into their eyes, I feel safe. It's this whole feeling of knowing that no matter what happens, somehow, with them, things will always be okay.

I had forgotten until tonight what that feels like but somehow, after tonight, my whole world feels as if it's right again. I like that.

No comments: