Saturday, December 27, 2008

Getting healthy

Megan and I went to Fitworks tonight to get some information since Britt had told us they were running a membership special. Vince used to work at the one in Mentor and told me that he liked it and once we walked in and met with Melissa to get information, I was sold. I've always been intimidated by gyms but I actually felt comfortable at Fitworks. I was impressed with the programs and the equipment and it just felt like a good fit.

Melissa gave us a month long guest pass to use so Megan and I are headed there tomorrow to work out and see how we like it. I have a feeling we'll end up joining before the week is over. :-)

I need to get serious about being healthy. I went shopping today and while my shirt size keeps dropping, I've hit a plateau with my pant size. Don't get me wrong-I'm pleased I've dropped two pant sizes in the last year, but I would love to lose even more. At this point, I'm still overweight so I think joining a gym and having accountability will be good for me. We'll see how it works out.

No comments: