Sunday, May 30, 2010

The end is in sight

I don't know why I get myself so worked up at night. All of my anxieties I wrote about the other night were uncalled for. I have everything finished for the quarter now except for my final paper for my Multicultural Counseling class and that one is started because I started it while I was in Athens. It only has to be six pages so if I do one page every night this week I can edit it this coming weekend and then my quarter is over!

Granted, I spent three solid hours doing homework last night but at least everything is finished except for that one paper. Now I can focus on fun stuff such as making our road trip cds and finalizing all the little details of our trip. Words can't even describe how excited I am that it's just a little over a week away!!

So random, but I'm missing a cd. I'm uploading songs to my Itunes to compile into a road trip mix and I pulled out a Rascal Flatts cd and I have the case but not the cd. The cd definitely isn't in my car because I pulled all of those cds out to use and it's no where to be found. How weird is that?

This weekend has been so fun and relaxing. Friday night Megan and I went to dinner and a movie. We saw Letters to Juliet and it was so cute! My favorite quote from the movie was "When speaking of love, it is never too late." Call me a hopeless romantic (regardless of what my facebook status said last week!) but I think it's true. But that's an entry for another day.

Saturday Megan and I went to AAA to get our directions and maps finalized for our trip. Then we went to breakfast and came back to my house to wash our cars. My car was so dirty but now it's pretty again. Too bad it'll just get dirty again during the drive to Florida in two weeks. Oh well. I went shopping after I had showered and got a couple of new tank tops for Florida before heading down to Taste of Cincinnati with Joe, Adge, and her mom. Everyone had fun, even if I got us lost in Over the Rhine. Story of my life anymore. :-P I spent last night after I got home doing homework as I already mentioned before finally crashing around 2 this morning.

Today I went to church where I got to help distribute communion. That was actually kind of neat. After church I dropped Joe back off at his house and then grabbed lunch before heading back to Joe's for his little brother's graduation party. I am soooo psyched that Daniel is heading to OU in the fall! Go Bobcats! It was fun catching up with some old friends I haven't seen in awhile and then Katie and I went shopping where I bought two more new shirts for Florida. Now I just need flip flops and some random little things and I should be all set. Oh and I still need a sun dress. Crap. I need to make a shopping list.

This evening Seth and I took the youth laser tagging, which I haven't done since my own high school youth group. I realized that I still suck at it but it was so much fun. We also raced go karts which was entertaining. One of the youth kept crashing into me and I about collided with the wall but it's all good. I think everyone had fun and I jokingly told Katie that I thought it would be a fun place to go on a date. haha

Tomorrow our preschool is closed for Memorial Day and it's supposed to rain so I'm thinking tomorrow will be a good day to clean my room and my bathroom and get some other random stuff done around the house. I'm looking forward to a day of just hanging out in my pjs all day.

Oh crap. I should go switch over laundry. Whoops.

No comments: