Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strep?

So I'm pretty sure I may have strep. If it's not strep, then there's something going on. I woke up Sunday morning with a pretty bad sore throat that only went away after taking some tylenol for the pain.

Yesterday, it got worse to the point that it hurt so bad I thought I was going to be sick. I took tylenol every four hours yesterday which helped, along with drinking plenty of water. Last night, I went and bought some throat spray, which was the only way I was able to get some sleep last night.

However, I didn't sleep much (or well) at all. I was up every two hours drinking water and using the spray. This morning I took three ibuprofen and used the spray and I'm still miserable. I'm skipping class this afternoon and going to urgent care to get it looked at. Something is wrong but I'm not sure what. I've never had strep before, even though my sister gets it every six months like clockwork.

All I know is I'm pretty miserable. I think at some point I must have had a fever because when I woke up at 7:45, I was sweating like crazy and I had been up two hours prior to that to take tylenol. I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me. :-/

On a more positive note, Vince got his birthday present last night and he loved it! He had been eyeing the Toy Story movie on dvd at Wal-mart when I was in Athens so I bought it for him and then my sister and I created a whole Toy Story themed package, complete with a fleece blanket, Toy Story fruit snacks, a Toy Story card, and a can of Arizona Iced Tea. I also wrote him a letter telling him how much our friendship means to me, which he told me he loved and was going to keep forever. haha


Ok, I'm off to choke down my lunch (which it hurts to eat) and then wrap up my day here at my internship so I can go to the doctor. Boo.

No comments: