Saturday, January 3, 2009

The damage

I got my car back today...finally. First off, I know I complain about my car a lot but I truly do love it, no matter how old it is. And I love my mechanic because he is amazingly wonderful and is always honest with me. I wouldn't take my car anywhere other than to him!

So...the damage. $723. Yeah, you read that right. I had to put it on my credit card because obviously I don't have that much money. Ron flat out told me had it not been a safety issue and had I not really needed my car, he wouldn't have fixed it. In the two years I've had it, I've put $3600 into it. That's $1100 more than I paid for it. After this round in the shop, I'm done. I can't afford to keep fixing it. So now, I'm going to have to really budget and with each paycheck, start saving for a new car. *sigh*

Now if I could only figure out what to do about my student loans. I need to get to Chase tomorrow and talk with someone about consolidation because I can't afford how much I'm supposed to pay now.

I'm so glad I joined Fitworks, even though tonight I was crying about it because of my car. The money I pay each month for Fitworks could be saved towards a car but I know that what I do pay for Fitworks is typically about how much I spend on eating out during the month.

Anyway, I'm so glad I joined a gym. In the last week, I've lost two pounds! I know it's not a lot but it's a little step for me towards the goal I'm trying to reach so I'm excited. I didn't work out yesterday because I gave my sore muscles a day off but I did go and work out for about 40 minutes tonight to burn off some frustration about my car. Tomorrow I'm taking a Zumba class with some friends and then Sunday I'll probably do a light workout with Carolyn so she can see what Fitworks has to offer.

I'm so glad I'm taking this step to strive towards a healthier lifestyle. I think 2009 is going to be a great year as long as I can keep my car from dying on the side of the road! :-P

1 comment:

megzie said...

i'm glad we joined