Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tired

I feel like I'm tired all the time anymore. I slept for about eight hours last night and then came home from the gym this afternoon and proceeded to sleep for almost three more hours. This is becoming an everyday occurance anymore. I've prided myself on not napping since graduation from OU so I could stay on a regular sleep schedule for work, but the past two weeks it hasn't seemed to matter and I've needed naps in the afternoon just to function.

The first thought that popped into my head was mono but I know there have to be more symptoms than that. My mom thinks I should take vitamins because the only other time I've been like this was the first year at OU and I had a low iron count. Maybe I should start taking them, especially now that my body is being worked out on a regular basis.

Last night Adrienne and I went to Wal-mart and daydreamed about our future apartments. Well, she actually shopped since she and Kevin are moving in together in June but I just looked. I wish I could afford to move out but at this point, I can't even afford my student loan payments, let alone rent and utilities on an apartment.

I don't miss being a student. I miss college life, but I don't miss being a student. I love being an adult and I love what I do, but sometimes, when I think about the huge pay cut I took leaving Lighthouse, I wonder if I made the right choice. But then I think about the fact that I'm so much happier and I don't cry myself to sleep anymore and I tell myself that somehow, some way, it's all going to work out. I just have to figure out how.

No comments: