Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed in

I had my first "official" snow day as a teacher today. I say "official" because yesterday we were open but my boss told me not to come in because I live further from the school than a lot of people. Today, however, we closed and it was nice to sleep in until 9:30 (after setting an alarm for 6:15 to call the hotline to find out if we were open or not!).

Since Monday night at ten when the snow started, we've gotten about 10 inches of snow, along with an inch or so of ice. I spent over an hour today scraping the ice off of my car and then another hour getting it off my grandma's car. I honestly don't think I've seen snow like this since I lived in Youngstown since I was in Athens last year when it snowed and we only got a couple inches there.

Even after getting the ice off of my car, I'm stuck because the roads aren't plowed. We tried to move my car earlier so my uncle could snow blow the driveway and all my tires did was spin. It should be interesting trying to get my car out tomorrow if I do have to work. I have a feeling I may be stuck again tomorrow too.

Oh yeah, have I mentioned that I'm snowed in at my aunt and uncle's? Yep, that's where I am. I came over Monday night to be closer to work and I've been here ever since because the weather has been horrible. I'm staying again tonight but I'm determined to get home tomorrow. We'll see what happens I guess.

Alright I'm off. It's almost dinner time and I'm still cold from clearing off my car so I'm going to go bundle up under some blankets. Here's to hoping the weather tomorrow is good enough for me to get home!

1 comment:

megzie said...

i hope so too, cause tomorrow is thursday!