Thursday, January 15, 2009

Terrible horrible no good very bad day

Yesterday was one of those days where you wish you had just stayed in bed instead of getting up. Unfortunately, I had to work all day.

The day started off fine. I had to be in at 8:30 and I left a little early just incase the roads were snowy or there was a lot of rush hour traffic. I hit my exit at 8 so I decided to go to Starbucks for hot chocolate to kick off my morning. I reached into my purse to get my Starbucks gold card and my debit card out and imagine my surprise when my wallet wasn't there! I called home, and sure enough, I had left it on the coffee table after balancing my checkbook the night before.

From there, the day was ok until the very end. One of my students fell against the half wall in our room (it divides the crawling area from the walking area) and his mouth started bleeding. I didn't realize at first he was bleeding because I had picked him up to console him and when I glanced down at him, I noticed the blood on my shirt. Luckily his mom was really understanding about it and said that it had been happening alot lately.

After work, I went to my cousins dance class and then to Skyline to hang out while they ate. On my way home, I was coughing so hard I got sick all over myself. I was in the lane to get on the highway, so I had no choice but to merge on. I went down to the next exit and got off so I could find a gas station and a restroom. I didn't want to walk in looking the way I did so I cleaned myself up as best as I could with my gloves and then went in to use the restroom to clean myself up more. I had to take off my jacket because it was disgusting and then I bought a bottle of febreeze and some paper towels (I had gotten money out of my bank account during my lunch break at work-the one high point of my day) and then proceeded to make a fool of myself by asking for a garbage bag or something to put my coat in so I didn't have to smell it the whole way home. As the workers just stared at me, I meekly told them I had been sick and if I had to keep my jacket out, I'd be sick again. I told them I was sure it was the weirdest request they'd ever heard and the guy was like "Uhhh...yeah." But at least he gave me a garbage bag. I went out to my car, cleaned up my mess, and made it home with nothing more happening to me.

Days like those make me wish I had gone back to bed when I thought about it. Luckily today was a much better day and tomorrow will top it all because Lauren is going to be in town this weekend and we're hanging out tomorrow!

1 comment:

Blessed Among Women said...

I'm sorry for your bad day. I pray the next will be better. *hugs*