Monday, January 19, 2009

Feeling normal

I'm finally beginning to feel normal again after four days of being sick. I woke up at 6:45 this morning and knew I wasn't going to make it through the work day. I called in and then went back to sleep until 8:30 when I woke up coughing. I took some medicine and went back to sleep until noon but when I woke up, I felt wonderful.

I must have been running a fever because it finally broke around 1 and I was sweating. Then I was able to keep down some toast and juice which was wonderful. That's also what I had for dinner. I have a really odd craving for McDonald's french fries but I know my stomach is not ready for greasy food yet.

It's so nice to feel good again. This cough is still obnoxious but even it's not as bad as it has been. I feel bad for calling in today, but I know with not having any energy and running a fever I wasn't going to be of any use to anyone. I hope things weren't too chaotic with me being gone.

I have an update on the work and teaching situation but I'm going to wait to post that because I still don't have a lot of energy to sit here and write. Instead I'm going to go shower and then watch the Bachelor before calling it a night.

No comments: